Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Year, new blog post

Looking back at my old posts (which I have now removed to prevent any further embarrassment) I see that my last post was in 2009... I didn't think anyone followed my blog and that Facebook was more than enough to stay in contact with family and friends, but I actually miss the stories that blogging allows you to record. It's hilarious to re-read the crazy experiences I documented when I first moved to London. The pictures on Facebook just aren't the same, and honestly, I haven't been great at keeping Facebook updated. SO, I have decided to start blogging again (you know, New Year's resolutions and all that...).

I'm excited to get started and I think my other resolution will lend nicely to some future blog posts. My goal is to go on more European 'city breaks' for long weekends and take advantage of what I have available next door, rather than jetting off for longer periods of time. I'm still in the process of planning, but at the moment the pipeline looks like this:
  • March - long weekend skiing in Kitzbuhel, Austria
  • April - Easter in Seville, Spain OR San Sebastian, Spain
  • May - Lisbon/Porto, Portugal
  • June - Kaua'i, USA (little sister's wedding!)
  • July/August (TBC) - Ibiza, Spain
  • September - Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany
I will of course also document any blog-worthy happenings in London (but will spare you the boring work chat). Watch this space!

No comments: